A few years ago Dziennik Rzeczpospolita conducted a plebiscite on the wonders of nature in Poland. The types of newspaper readers largely coincide with our editorials. So we chose the top ten from our top 20.
Certainly, natural values are Poland’s strength for tourists. There are many opportunities to spend free time in nature. However, there are a few places that you simply can’t miss when you’re in the area. What’s more, most of us should see them with our own eyes at least once in our lives. Here are the “top 10” we have selected:
- The Dunajec gorge – rafting on the Dunajec gorge is one of the most convenient forms of visiting the Pieniny National Park. He also provides the most beautiful views that are memorable for a long time. Three Crowns, Sokolica, Sugarloaf. Along the way you can see a lot.
- The Table Mountains – including Szczeliniec Wielki, Błędne Skały, and Skalne Grzyby. These are the only plate mountains in Poland. The irregular, quaint forms of rocks, cliffs and deep valleys are a great tourist attraction.
- Podlaski Przełom Bugu – Bug meanders, Bug River Walking Trail, birds and plants under species protection. Can you imagine a better place to spend time under a pear tree?
- Bialowieza Forest – it has been protected since the times of Polish kings to this day. The last natural forest in Europe’s lowlands, of a primary nature, which stretched centuries ago in the zone of deciduous and mixed forests. The Bialowieza National Park is the only Polish natural object, inscribed by UNESCO on the World Heritage List. It is also the most important – the central zone of the Białowieża Biosphere Reserve. His symbol is the bison.
- Moving dunes in Łeba – the biggest attraction of the Słowiński National Park creating an amazing, unique landscape.
- Cliffs on the island of Wolin – the highest in Poland. And these picturesque landscapes. You have to convince yourself!
- Raj Cave – the most beautiful karst cave in our country, at the same time one of the most recognizable attractions of the Świętokrzyskie Mountains. For many years available to tourists only under the guidance of a guide. You don’t need any special skills to explore it. Hence: no excuses – a must see!
- Suwalski Landscape Park – the first landscape park in Poland. The Czarna Hańcza Valley, Lake Hańcza, Głazowisko Bachanowo. This wonder contains more natural wonders.
- Five Pond Valley – Tatra Mountains deserve a separate category as part of Poland’s natural wonders. The valley can be dangerous for tourists, but with all precautions it will be only an unforgettable experience.
- Krutynia in Masuria – Piska Forest, Masurian Landscape Park, the opportunity to see white-tailed eagle in its natural environment in flight, the possibility of sleeping on a desert island. And all this thanks to Mother Nature and the miracles she gave her around.
One should also add here Połoniny Wetlińska and Caryńska, the Land of Great Lakes, Maczuga Herkulesa, the Błędowska Desert. In principle, you could exchange endlessly. It is worth appreciating the natural beauty of Poland and choose for the next trip this corner of it that can delight like one of the above.