Roztoczański National Park is located in the central-eastern part of the country, in the Lublin Province. It covers the most valuable natural areas of Roztocze. The park was created in 1974 in the area of 4801 hectares. Its current area is 8483 hectares, including forests cover 8102 hectares (95.5%). 806 ha (9.5%) is subject to strict protection, where centuries-old fir trees reach 50 meters in height, and beeches are slightly lower. There are numerous species of mountain plants here, such as the spiny eater, white butterbur. About 120 bird species nest in the backwoods of Roztocze, among them as rare as the white-backed woodpecker, the lesser spotted eagle, the black stork. Beavers build their lodges in the Wieprza backwaters.
The park was established in the State Forests of the Kosobuda and Zwierzyniec Forest Inspectorates, which were formerly the forests of the Zamość Ordinance. The beginnings of protection date back to 1936, when the Bukowa Góra reserve was created, which is currently one of the park’s strict protection areas. Until the creation of the Park, reserve protection was covered by 1064.38 hectares in the form of 10 forest and floristic reserves. The park is located in the varied landscape of Central Roztocze in the upper Wieprz valley. It is an area separating the Lublin Upland from the Sandomierz Basin with a diversified geological structure. The hump of Roztocze is built of Upper Cretaceous rocks (rocks, geres and marl). Tertiary formations occur in the edge zone.
Quaternary formations are covered with a thin cover in the Wieprz Valley and the Zwierzyniec Padola. The main types of sculpture are equine ridge tops, outliers, edges, fallows and valleys. In the northern part of the park, rendzinas and brown paraffin forests predominate among soils. The remaining area is more diversified, with the largest area covered by sandy podzol soils.
Attention is also drawn to the beautifully architecturally built-in block built in 1994. Museum and Education Center. The resort is open every day except Mondays. All visitors are offered: nature and art exhibitions, guided tours, nature film projections, didactic classes for children and young people, extensive tourist information and invites to use the rich library and reading room collections. On the third Thursday of each month, “Open lectures” are organized by specialists from various fields of nature.
Five tourist routes run through the park: central, edge, guerrilla, Roztocze and the bypass route of the RPN. A. Wachniewska. Nine cognitive walking paths and a bicycle route to Florianka are available for tourists.
Park areas and adjacent areas were the site of the January Uprising, World War I and World War II, as evidenced by graves in Zwierzyniec and the surrounding area.
A visit to the park is best to start in Zwierzyniec, where the headquarters of the Roztoczański National Park, the Education and Museum Center and the “Echo” pond, over which from the observation tower you can watch Polish horses, are located. In Zwierzyniec waiting for tourists a wide range of agritourism farms. This town also has many interesting monuments.
The article comes from the portal: http://www.turystyka-pojezierze.pl/